Seed and digital storytelling
Seed association has been applying digital storytelling to development and education project for a long time; for example, such tool has been the pivotal element to implement integration initiatives involving children with special education children. It has also played a fundamental role in encouraging children and young people experiencing difficult socioeconomical conditions to increase their self-exteem and their interest in education.
Recently, seed’s staff members have been learning the value of digital storytelling as a tool to understang and communicate the meaning and importance individuals’ own stories. Two project’s are being particularly important from this point of view: Rights, which aims at promoting digital storytelling as a pedagogical tool to teach global citizenship education, and x-story, whose objective is exchangeing competencies, experience and expertise with the Hungarian organisation Anthropolis.
Finally, digital storytelling was also integrated into a training course addressing the guests of Scuola di Vita Autonoma and focused on risks and advantages of digital technologies and social media.
If you wish to find more information about seed and digital storytelling, feel free to read about the following projects on our website:
– Storytelling and disability: New Growth Opportunities for the children of the Istituto Sant’Angelo in Loverciano
– Storytelling for integration with the School Piccolo Principe and OTAF
– Digital storytelling workshop at CEFE in Campeche (Mexico)
– A blog for Disadvantaged Youth in Brasilia
– Digital storytelling in Varazdin and Opatija, Croatia
– ANSMH IT Lab and Digital Storytelling
– Telling stories to learn and grow up
– P.IN.O.K.I.O – Pupils for INnOvation as a Key to Interultural and social inclusiOn
– Exchanging stories for social development (x-story)
– Rights – “pRomotIng Global citizensHip education Through digital Storytelling”
– Training course about digital technologies at Scuola di Vita Autonoma